A brief insight

I’ve talked before about how my brain needs to have story and narrative for models that I am painting and playing with and this doesn’t change if I am playing a low figure count skirmish game or a large rank and flank type massed battle (not that i play any of those any more)  With the advent of SAGA: AoM I’ve obviously had the opportunity to get some long forgotten models out of the cupboard and think about some new ideas on how they all fit together.

Which brings me to yesterday and the decision to add a chariot to my horde army.  This is a special unit that only horde can take and provides a nice centrepiece model (to go with all the other centrepiece models, can you have to many centrepieces?)

My plan was to take a GW Ogre Leadbelcher kit, chuck a fighting platform on top of it and then stick a Big Boris on top of that.  Jobs a good one as Boris would say.

IMG_3494.jpeg
Boris Bike???

 

Only something about it didn’t feel right.  Even with the addition of some extra ropes (a freebie I found in one of my ‘safe’ storing places. the model still wasn’t doing it for me.

I thought about adding one of the Hasslefree skyclad women (thats naked to the rest of us) and going full on Frazetta but it still wasn’t hitting the right buttons.

Then, boom, it hit me.  Lets reverse the gender roles and pinch a cue from Malifaux (when they still respected their female characters, but thats a whole different rant) and put the Sisters of Slaughter on the fighting platform.

From that the story in my head grew that these sisters are imbued with the power of Lugh the Bloody himself and take their chariot across the north challenging the champions of each tribe they come across to combat.  The deal is simple.  If the champions win then the sisters belong to them.  If the champions lose then the tribe will join Lughs growing horde.  The sisters have never lost and Lughs horde keeps on growing!

And that was it.  Now I have a story for the unit that will help drive both how I finish up modelling it and the paint scheme that I eventually use.

Still building the model as aliens seem to have taken all my super glue but this is currently how its looking, will add some shields of the conquered champions and perhaps a little bit of bunting, you can never go wrong with bunting.

IMG_3523.jpeg
Sisters of Slaughter WIP

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.